It’s that time of the year when all of my thoughts go to the outside. No, that’s not some metaphor for thinking outside the box…I mean it literally – I can’t stop thinking about spending time outside now that the weather is warming up!
And this weekend is the culmination of it all…my pool opens!!! Cannot contain my excitement.
I’ve already been planning for pool season, including buying a new bikini…
Loading up my Nook…
…and figuring out what pool snacks I’m going to eat! (Duh, you knew I was going to bring up food at some point). Here’s a roundup of my favorite snacks to eat when I’m sitting out by the pool. I like these to be fun, easy to pack up, and light (healthy, light, low-calorie, metabolism-boosting, whatever you want to call it):
- Cherry tomatoes and hummus
- Cucumber salsa (by itself or with tortilla chips)
- Apple slices (with cheese if you aren’t avoiding dairy)
- Frozen grapes
- Orange juice pops (or “wine pops” – recipe to come!)
- Balsamic vinegar strawberries (it’s good, trust me)
Happy poolside snacking :).