I’m going to San Francisco with my bestie in a few weeks – an epic (well, scaled-down epic) trip that we have been planning basically since we met 10 years ago. I’m so thankful that we’re both in a position where we can just get on a plane and go! No muss, no fuss.
The trip planning is atypical for me, so far, in that the trip is less than 4 weeks away and all we have booked is the plane ticket. Eep! Plus, all that I have researched to do is…restaurants. So we know where we’ll be (California) and what we’ll be eating (hopefully here, here, here, and here, among others) but not where we’re sleeping, how we’ll get around, or what else we’ll be doing when our bellies are full. Meh, I might not care! Seems like I have the important stuff down, right? 🙂
Today I made some progress in another critical area of trip planning, namely, the wardrobe! In the spirit of jet-setters and aspiring jet-setters everywhere, I’ll share with you my tentative San Fran (which I’ve heard is referred to as SF, by locals – true?) 6-day trip packing list:
Sweater dress (navy and white striped)
- White jeans
- Dark skinny jeans
- Skinny/tailored slacks (red, navy, or black)
- Solid long-sleeved v-neck tees for layering (grey, white black, and striped)
- Sweater (tan)
- Tank top (dressy)
Bright, flowery-patterned rain jacket
- Comfortable but trendy walking flats
- Boots (brown)
- Tights (polka-dotted and navy)
- Scarves, scarves, and scarves!
- Earmuffs for the walk across the Golden Gate bridge
- Barre3 ball and grippy socks so I can do Barre3 in the hotel room (the socks serve double duty on the chilly airplane)
Note: I’ve left off things like underwear and toiletries since you kinda have to bring those no matter what. Only things that make this list special and exciting are noted :).
Any recommendations for SF welcome!