Marisa from Uproot from Oregon nominated me this week for the Liebster Award! I am so surprised and grateful and happy :). I started blogging earlier this year as an outlet for my many inner thoughts and to hopefully make other peoples’ day when they are browsing online – as so many other people do for me! Apparently I have been successful in my own small way thus far, which is what the Liebster Award celebrates.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (it’s like an award for baby bloggers!). Aside from making our days/weeks/years, the Award is also intended to drive traffic to our blogs and expand our connection to and awareness of the blog community. The meaning of Liebster, which is German, is: sweetest, pleasant, valued, or welcome. It makes me think of Liebchen, which is German for “sweetheart” or “dear.”
Thank you to Marisa for nominating me – you’re definitely a Liebchen in my eyes! And I had such fun reading your blog and all of your yummy recipes.
The rules of the Liebster Award are: 1) I have to post 11 things about myself, 2) I have to answer my nominator’s 11 questions, 3) I have to nominate another blog(s) and create 11 questions for them, and 4) I have to let them know! It’s like a chain letter for blogging but much nicer and more fun – plus a good way to procrastinate at work on a Friday.
11 things about me:
- I recently gained about an inch in height (used to be 5’1″ and now I’m 5’2″). I think it’s from all of the Barre3 workouts.
- I grew up in NJ.
- I want to get a tattoo but I’m really nervous so I’ve been putting it off.
- My favorite food is cheese. You’ve probably already figured that out.
- I make a mean playlist for parties or road trips.
- I prefer gold jewelry.
- I went to Tanzania twice when I was in college for a service trip.
- I don’t have any wisdom teeth. I haven’t had surgery to remove them, I just never had them from the beginning. Weird, right?
- I’m an introvert.
- I don’t have a car; I’ve been car-free for over two years.
- I love my LBDs. I shamefully (yet proudly) own over 15.
My answers to Marisa’s questions:
- What quote or phrase do you live by? “A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not why ships are built.” I’m risk-averse so I try to remember this quote to challenge myself to try new things.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? This is so tough! I’ll answer with where I’m traveling to next: my best friend JJ and I want to explore the south of France, the Amalfi coast, Croatia, and some other places in the Mediterranean next year.
- Name 2 things off of your bucket list. Live in New York City and get a cat (not necessarily in that order).
- You can raid the closet of any celebrity (fictional or real) – who would you choose? Kate Middleton or Blake Lively.
- What TV shows do you have to watch weekly? Okay don’t laugh (this is all in the name of discovery and sharing, right?): Dawson’s Creek. They recently put it on Netflix and I’m going through every episode. Totally addicted. In terms of current TV shows, I really like New Girl.
- What’s your cocktail of choice for girls night out? Vodka and soda with lime.
- You’re on a deserted island and can only bring 3 inanimate things with you – what are they? My Nook, photos of my friends and family, and cheese. It would melt pretty quickly but I’d eat it pretty quickly…
- Name one trend you love but are too scared to try! Red, hot pink, or coral lipstick – I think I look best with a neutral lip (just chapstick!) so even though it is trendy, I can never bring myself to leave the house with bright lips.
- If you could go back and offer a younger version of yourself advice, what would it be? Wear sunscreen! And trust your instincts.
- What’s your favorite recipe I should try? My apple-cheddar quesadillas! I make them almost every week – and lately I’ve been mixing it up by using spicy Habenero-Lime tortillas from Trader Joe’s.
And now, drumroll please… I would like to nominate: 1) Deanna from Diary of Dee because her happy, colorful posts (always with gorgeous pictures) always make me smile; and 2) the lovely ladies from This is Our Jam, whose musical taste is way, way better than mine and whose commentary on life always makes me giggle.
My questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite item in your closet?
- If you were a millionaire for a day, what would be the first thing you would buy?
- What is a new skill that you’re working on or trying out?
- What’s your favorite cocktail?
- What is a nickname that you had when you were younger?
- If you could pick anything on Pinterest and make it a reality (i.e., the decorated bedroom, a beautiful pair of shoes, an organized closet), what would it be?
- What is one thing that you’ve blogged about that I should eat/see/do/visit/try?
- What was one thing that made you happy this week?
- What are you reading?
- What’s your favorite DC or NOVA restaurant?
- What was the last thing you purchased?
Cheers, ladies! Thanks again to Marisa, you have totally made my week with this – I’m truly surprised and happy and grateful that there are people out there enjoying what I write. Thanks for nominating me and bringing it to my attention. It’s wonderful. Thank you. Happy Friday to everyone!