I was very worried about the travels that this poor October Box had to endure: making it all the way across the country with the threat of Hurricane Sandy!
But it finally arrived, unscathed, and I was so excited to open it and see that many of the items (though I’m sure it wasn’t intentional) were perfect for weathering out a storm. My favorite item is a toss-up between The Casual Vacancy and the workout socks (gotta love socks). I didn’t lose power during the storm (I was so lucky!) but I was still glad to have the contents of the PopSugar box, nonetheless.
PopSugar, you’ve done it again. Though this box isn’t as large or varied as September’s, it still packs a punch:
- The Casual Vacancy, by J. K. Rowling. How could I not be excited about this? I’m cheap so I probably would have never purchased the hardcover book for myself, but I’ve been wanting to read it ever since it came out (and I’m currently patron #485 on the library’s waitlist, ugh). I love the books in the PopSugar boxes so much it almost makes me think I should cancel my subscription and just subscribe to a book delivery service…just kidding!
- Crescent Moon Grippy Socks. When I first opened these, I just thought, “socks, yesss!” and then I realized they are for working out (“double yesss!”). I’m going to wear these when I do my at-home Barre3 workouts.
- Red Flower Petal Topped Candle. Smells delicious, though I don’t really need a candle.
- OPI Pink of Hearts Nail Polish Duo. I have tried them on already (hey, what else was I supposed to do while I was stuck inside during Sandy?). I like the way the pink looks with just one coat – very subtle and mature. The glittery one…I’ll be saving that for summer pedicures. Or maybe for New Year’s?
- Pirate’s Booty. It was gone in 20 minutes. ‘Nuff said.
- Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy. I didn’t need these and I wish they were full-sized, but I’m always looking for new hair products to make my hair healthier.
- Dylan’s Candy Bar Gummy Bears. Okay, I’ll ‘fess up: I don’t like gummy bears. However, this isn’t PopSugar’s fault. These beautiful-looking gummy bears will get eaten by my roommate and/or coworkers, for sure.
To sum up: not as much “wow” as September’s box, but I still enjoyed it – there are enough key items in here (workout socks, book, nail polish) to keep me happy. I’m expecting a knockout box for November, just in time for the holidays. Get yours here.